Saturday, February 26, 2011

Haven't blogged in awhile

I haven't blogged in awhile but I have been "down" quite a bit and not up on my usual reading. Today, however, I don't feel very well, so I don't have the energy to go shopping (one of my favorite hobbies) or even drink a couple of beers (my especially favorite hobby). So I thought I would peruse the internet and after reading some other blogs, I have decided that I need a change. Now that the kids are grown up, and my only grandson lives so far away, I need to develop some new interests. I would really like to join a hiking club but I have to find one that only goes on four mile maximum excursions (I get tired easily). I would like to learn to crochet and knit but our local craft store charges too much for lessons. Book club? Art or music lessons? New recipes? A new pet? Invite someone over for dinner? Any suggestions?

I don't have anything political to share other than the political and economic scene are both pretty bleak right now! Enough said, I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. Jackie, you can always do physical things and knitting or whatever, but we do need your intellectual charity, so please keep blogging. Your writing is clear and concise in portraying your thoughts, and I enjoy your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your family can come over for dinner and I can try a new recipe on you, ha!

    ReplyDelete